ADVANCED SOFTWARE FOR ARCHITECTS AND ENGINEERS
GenerativeComponents is an associative and parametric modeling system used by architects and engineers to automate the design processes and accelerate design iterations. It gives designers and engineers new ways to efficiently explore alternative building forms without manually building the detail design model for each scenario. It also increases their efficiency in managing conventional design and documentation.
“Generative Components brings the design,
Manufacture and construction processes together
in an integrated way,a way that will change how
AEC can be achieved with significant benefits in
Empowered by computational methods, designers can direct their creativity to deliver inspired sustainable buildings that are freer in form and use innovative materials and assemblies. GenerativeComponents facilitates this by allowing the quick exploration of a broad range of “whatif” alternatives for even the most complex buildings.
This capability lets GenerativeComponents go beyond making geometry explicit; it makes design intent explicit as well. Although designers are working graphically, based on intuition andexperience in architectural design, their work is captured in logical form.
This unique generative design software captures and exploits the critical relationships
between design intent and geometry. Designs can be defined by either dynamically modeling and directly manipulating geometry, by applying rules and capturing relationships among building elements, or by defining complex building forms and systems through concisely expressed algorithms.
To inform decisions, GenerativeComponents is integrated with building information modeling, analysis, and simulation software, providing feedback on building materials, assemblies, systems performance, and environmental conditions. This integration also ensures that intent becomes reality by enabling designs to accurately and efficiently flow through to detailed production and fabrication.
GenerativeComponents is being used by many of today’s leading design firms to embrace
change. It is the design tool of choice for creative architects and engineers who appreciate that
design is best when it emerges from a combination of intuition and logic.
It is already enabling leading architects and engineers around the world to deliver inspired
sustainable buildings. Among them are Arup, Buro Happold, Foster + Partners, Grimshaw
Architects, HOK, Kohn Pedersen Fox, Morphosis, and SHoP Architects.
It enables designers to explore more possibilities, in less time, create better designs and efficiently
create and manage complex geometric relationships.
It enables architects and engineers to pursue designs and achieve results that were virtually
GENERATIVECOMPONENTS V8i AT -A-GLANCE
· Built on a solid CAD platform, and integrated with discipline specific tools and technologies
· Save time by using a system that is interoperable with many applications and formats
· Generated Feature Types (aka Components): Provides an extensible toolkit to enable iterative design
· Design the construction sequence of the model and use it to mange and explain the setup of a design
· Communicate effectively with customers and colleagues. Reduce costs by designing the construction sequence
· Flexible transaction management
· Use one model for different variations. You can reorder or re-sequence the transactions
· Create active designs that react to changes within the model
· Saves time by supplying:
relationships, “network”, “nodes”, symbolic diagram, data round-trip
· Relationships between objects propagate changes through the model
· Encapsulation of design rules and intent within parametric forms
· You can make changes easily without having to manually edit the model
· Object References: Create a complex network of relationships
· Graph changes: Allows direct interaction with the design logic and exploration of changes in the design rationale
· Dynamics: Dynamic interaction with the values and algorithms defining the form
· Complete control of parametric object attributes and the associative network of relationships between objects
· Saves time by propagating changes through the model
· Intelligent parametric features allow easy exploration of more complex designs
· Design Options: Many efficient iterations of design options at all phases
· Open system allows different approaches to add content to the system: Changes to any parameter value or
relationship out of sequence at any time
· Expressions: Using expressions allows you to take advantage of mathematics and conditional relationships
· Shows the relationship in the model, how the pieces relate and see non-geometric objects like variables or
· Saves time by displaying the relationship of objects in the model through a symbolic representation as opposed
to just a geometric representation
· Full featured, object oriented scripting language with Integrated Development Environment (IDE ) and
debugger. Ubiquitously available within GenerativeComponents interface
· Choose values using IntelliSense for efficient and intuitive scripting
· Saves time by supplying: formulas, rules, algorithms, recipes
· Design approach options: Hybrid approach/environment of handson manipulation and scripting/
· Objects can flexibly represent either the single or multiple case for highly efficient design representation. For example, a single column object can represent a whole column grid including its unique conditions.
· Save time by preventing duplicating work
· Allow integration with Bentley® Architecture
· Time saving by avoiding redundant work and makes more sophisticated designs practical
· Cost Estimating: The iterative design process allows near-realtime creation of documentation including drawings, schedules and bill of materials
· An open system that can connect to other technical systems/tools such as energy and structural analysis
· Better designs by making critical decisions early in the process. Cost savings through avoiding
duplicate models in different software packages
Intel or AMD processor
3.0 GHz or greater
Windows Vista, XP, and 2000
900MB free disk space (includes
the 400MB install footprint for a
Graphics Card supported
by DirectX 9.0