Dr.Web Anti-virus For Linux
Dr.Web Anti-virus For Linux
- Easy-to-use control center
- Real-time protection
- Custom scan
- Manageable quarantine
- User-friendly license manager
- Control over the command line
- Stylish interface
- Detects and neutralizes viruses on hard drives and removable data storage devices
- Detects viruses in archives at any nesting level and in packed objects
- Scans files using FLY-CODE™ technology, including those compressed with unknown packers
- Protects against unknown threats using the improved non-signature detection technology Origins Tracing™ and an intelligent heuristic analyzer
- Offers four types of scanning: full, express, custom, and user-defined presets
- Monitors system health in real-time; intercepts all calls to files located on local drives, floppy discs, CD/DVD/ Blue-ray disks, flash drives, or smart cards
- Self-protection against attempts by malicious programs to disrupt operation of the anti-virus
- The quarantine lets you isolate infected files, allowing files to be restored to their original location and the maximum size of the quarantine to be restricted
- Detailed statistics on the anti-virus’ operation
- Automatic (scheduled) and on-demand updating
Unique engine features
- Scans archived files at any nesting level
- Reliable detection of packed objects (even if the compression format is unknown to Dr.Web), their detailed analysis aimed at exposing hidden threats
- Leader in detecting and neutralizing complex rootkits (Shadow.based (Confiсker), MaosBoot, Rustock.C, Sector)
- Intelligent memory scan technologies allow viruses to be blocked in the RAM before replicating themselves to the hard drive, making it less likely for malware to exploit the vulnerability of a third-party application or the operating system
- Dr.Web can detect and neutralize viruses that can be found only in RAM and do not exist as files on disks, e.g. Slammer or CodeRed
Detection of unknown threats
- FLY-CODE is a unique universal decompression technology enabling Dr.Web to unpack data that has been compressed with unknown packers
- The cutting-edge, non-signature scan technology Origins Tracing™ ensures the high probability that viruses unknown to Dr.Web will be detected
- The heuristic analyzer, whose analyses are based on criteria that is typical of various groups of malicious programs, detects most known threats
- Updating over the Internet, whether automatically or according to a schedule, doesn’t require user interference. Updating can also be launched manually.
- Updating is very quick even if a slow Internet connection is used.
- Updating servers are always available.
- Updates can be retrieved from an HTTP server.
- In most cases, there is no need to reboot the system to complete updating; Dr.Web starts using the updated modules and latest virus definitions right away
- Updates are small (50-200KB).
- To save traffic the anti-virus can be set to update virus databases only However, enabling this option is not recommended. To counter the latest threats, Dr.Web undergoes constant refinement. New features are incorporated in updated modules of an anti-virus package and are downloaded from Doctor Web's server automatically during regular updating sessions.
- You can also reduce traffic by downloading updates as archived files A special data-compression algorithm used by Doctor Web allows reducing size of downloaded updates. Patch files are used to deliver minor additions and fixes for virus database or program modules. The special compression algorithm applied to such patches dramatically reduces the amount of transferred data.
Virus monitoring service
- The Doctor Web virus monitoring service collects samples of malicious programs all over the Internet to create antidotes and release updates as soon as analyses are completed — as often as several times per hour.
- As soon as an update is released, users can retrieve it from several servers located at various points of the globe.
- To avoid false positives an update is tested over a huge number of uninfected files before it is released.
- The intelligent system automatically adds entries for similar viruses into the database, ensuring the prompt neutralization of emerging threats.
- Platforms: full support for х86 architecture command system in 32 and 64-bit modes.
- At least 154 MB of free disk space + 70 Mb per user account in the system
- Operating system: GNU/Linux distributions with 2.6.x kernel.
- Internet access for registration and updates.